By INIFD Kothrud on Apr 22, 2019, 6:52:08 PM
A one or two-year certificate course in interior design allows you to cover important elements of interior design and decoration. You will gradually develop a brief understanding of design terminologies and the step by step processes involved in design execution. This would be taught through a series of projects embedded in theory and practical activities. Experienced tutors and practitioners will guide you from beginner to intermediate level.
Interior design courses after 12th can be your stepping stone. Anyone who has an interest in designing and home decor can opt for this course and turn their hobby into a career.
The 1-year interior design certification course will cover the following subjects:
- The fundamentals of interior design.
- The history of art and architecture.
- Graphic communication and visual presentation comprising a comprehensive study on drafting, lettering, sketching, presentations, and rendering.
- A brief study of interior finishes, products for the floor, walls, ceilings, internal journey, and soft furnishings.
- Planning a totally new construction, renovating an existing space, or working in historic renovation.
- An introduction to the construction of the basic structure, how to add to it and artistic detailing to interior spaces.
- Client Profiling, 2D and 3D design elements.
The 2nd-year will take you to an advanced level by covering the following subjects:
- Various different case studies, elements of a workspace; furniture, furnishings, lighting, etc.
- Understanding of store elements, consumer needs and concepts that need to be considered while designing a highly productive retail store.
- Understanding of water supply and drainage, thermal insulation, air conditioning, lifts, elevators, fire safety, temperature control, and escalators.
- Furniture designing while taking both functionality and fashion into consideration.
- Visual merchandising and store display (Fixtures, Colors, Lighting, props, etc.)
Who should opt for a certification course in interior designing?
Anyone who wants to build their career in interior designing but can’t enroll in long term courses is well suited for INIFD’s certification courses. These courses present an excellent opportunity for those who wish to pursue a career in interior designing.
The one-year program is well suited for those who wish to explore the field. And the two-year program is specifically for those who don't want to enroll in a three-year degree but still seek in-depth knowledge of the interior designing field.
What is the industry relevance of this course?
This program will help beginners gain an overview of the interior design field. The courses provide exposure to various projects and help students build their own portfolio.
How will this course help you build a career?
After the certification course in interior designing, students will be able to conceptualize and design interiors for homes, retail outlets, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces. After successful completion of the program, a student can either go for further studies and get an in-depth understanding of the field or start working as an interior designer, visualizer, set designer, or interior decorator.
Certificate courses in interior design at INIFD Kothrud, Pune comprise an international curriculum in association with the London School of Trends. In addition, the program consists of industry visits, guest lectures, and expert faculty guidance for placement assistance. The course also comprises personality development programs with a personalized session on effective presentation delivery.
Still not convinced? Check out our blog on top 11 reasons to choose INIFD Kothrud for an interior designing course